Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Christmas time is here and things are going so well! Our school year has been a lot better than I anticipated and I am loving our schedule of reduced activities. We do a lot of "nothing" and it has been fantastic. This unstructured free time has allowed us to enjoy Olivia and each other and get closer! Sure, sometimes its a little too close for comfort but its still wonderful. The kids are doing well. Right now, they are outside playing with a neighbor while the baby sleeps.

We didn't do much in the way of decorating and festivities this year but we do have a few things coming up this week. On Wednesday, we are going to drive through a live nativity. On Friday, we hope to go carroling with my niece and nephew around a neighborhood in Thomasville. On Saturday, Chelsea is going to a Christmas birthday party for Jesus at my friend's house. On Sunday, we are going to church and a Christmas party and over to Kevin's mom's house. And on Christmas day we are having dinner with my family.

It should be busy and fun. I've got some last minute shopping to do tomorrow. I've got Kevin's present already and that may be all we do this year is presents for each other and the kids. We are experiencing some financial difficulties right now so we've got to really cut back. But God is faithful and we are grateful for what we do have.

Today, Kevin set up an appointment with Caldwell Academy to consider putting the kids back in school next year. I have mixed feelings about that. We are still praying and believing God for His divine guidance regarding this. I think the time has come but I just don't know. I love home schooling them and I really don't want to stop but we have got to think about some long term solutions to our financial situation. So, again, we are praying.

Well, that's all for now.

No comments: